Saturday, August 9, 2008

How to install gmlive on Ubuntu to watch P2P TV and videos

Gmlive is a software which supports mms, sopcast, nslive P2P TV and stream video. I found this project when I was looking for pplive for linux. pplive is another windows only P2P TV software which a lot of people has recommended to me. I am installing this because of I missed the Beijing 2008 Olympic opening and someone told me that the last scene of igniting the Olympic torch is amazing.

This following is how to install gmlive on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron:
  1. download gmlive here http://code.google.com/p/gmlive/
  2. install dependencies
    sudo aptitude install intltool libglibmm-2.4-1c2a libglibmm-2.4-dev libxml2 libxml2-dev libgtkmm-2.4-dev libglademm-2.4
  3. compile and install
    tar xf gmlive-0.20.3.tar.bz2
    cd gmlive-0.20.3
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install
  4. type gmlive and enjoy

No comments: